Sunday 17 July 2011

Fog

Here in the desert we don't get fog too often so I like to try and get out and make the most of it when it happens. Last week we had some decent rain and with some cold mornings forecast for the days following, it looked to be shaping up well. Sure enough, saturday morning I drag myself out of bed at 7 (after staying up to watch the tour de france) to be greeted with a nice thick fog. My first destination was Kyumba reserve which has some nice rock-formations and calltris pines that I thought would look cool shrouded in mist. Unfortunately, Kyumba was an island of clear air in a sea of mist!

However, driving back towards Alice I came across some scenes on the side of the road worth shooting. This is an ironwood backlit by the sun which was distorted through the fog.


A little further on I came across some powerlines with the upper parts of shiny metal glowing in the mist. I don't think Ive seen this before but it was very cool, made it look radioactive!


As the sun started to shine a large fog 'rainbow' appeared. No colour, just a white semi-circle. Has anyone seen this before?


This is my last shot in the fog. Its a river red gum on the banks of Roe Creek with the rays of sun just catching the last of the fog. Ive softened it up a little to give it a more dreamy look and accentuate the rays of light. Let me know if you think it works.



1 Comments:

At 2 August 2011 at 18:00 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The river red shot is magnificent but I my hands down favorite is the powerline shot. That is just so surreal - it looks like you've used some crazy IR or PP technique to bloom the highlights. Top stuff

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home