Wednesday 11 January 2012

Stormy nights

I love lightning photography! Its really fun but there's really not much skill involved, just making sure the scene is in focus, setting a fairly wide aperture and allowing a long shutter to do the rest. However, there's still a large degree of luck in where the lightning will strike and how many times and I always end up deleting dozens of photos for every one I keep.

For a while now Ive been waiting for the right storm to loom over the pituresque Mt Sonder. Finally, a couple of evenings ago my wish came true as an intense electrical storm approached Mt Sonder from the north west, just after dusk. Although not entirely satisfied with these photos, I do quite like the first one. With a moon over my back, there was just enough illumination to bring out some detail in the front of the mountain. Unfortunately, the shutter mechanism in my canon 5D broke the day before so I had to use my alternative camera. Not sure when I'll get the 5d back from the canon technicians but im missing it already!














 7D, ISO 100, 70-200 f2.8 @ 2.8, 15 sec


  










7D, ISO 100, 70-200 f2.8 @ 2.8, 20 sec

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home